Atlassian Team'23 - the digital collaboration event - is over. There were a lot of product announcements from Atlassian, both on-site and online....
Atlassian's new event format, "Atlassian Presents," debuted last week in San Fransisco as part of a series of events that are yet to come. This time, it was all about "Work Life" and how teams can work differently, together. Atlassian's products are designed to optimize the potential of teams and simultaneously help them work differently and collaboratively. So it was natural to start this new event format focusing on work management.
Atlassian offers a variety of tools that unleash the potential of every team. Trello, Confluence, Jira Work Management, and Atlas are leading work management products. But just offering a solution by itself isn't enough. Every tool needs to connect, and all apps used by teams to collaborate, to bring them closer together. To help with that, all Atlassian tools are built on the Atlassian Platform. This serves as a mutual basis for identity, data, teams, and workflows across an organization.
During the "Work Life" event, Atlassian announced a new work management offering and several new product capabilities. We gathered all the important news and summed them up for you here:
- Coordination with Smart Links
- Unified administration
- Atlassian Together: Connect your work management tools efficiently
- Last but not least: Atlas comes out of the beta phase!
1. Coordination with Smart Links
The Atlassian Platform has a new feature called Smart Links. This allows users to simplify access to information about Atlassian and third-party vendors. Visibility of information is extended, making it even easier for teams to collaborate and track processes. You can edit, view, and create content without much effort and without leaving your current tab.
Smart Links are available immediately with Atlassian Cloud products, so try it out now!
2. Unified Administration
To further simplify admin tasks and to enable administrators to reach solutions with fewer steps, Atlassian worked on unifying admin controls across tools.
The benefits of this include:
- Integrated user management for all cloud products
- Reduction to the smallest of tool sets, giving teams a streamlined process and compliance
- Fewer licensing requests due to the large product set offering more options
3. Atlassian Together: Connect your work management tools efficiently
To further help make work management easier, Atlassian introduced "Atlassian Together". It is a single subscription for Atlassian's work management tools - Trello, Confluence, Atlas, and Jira Work Management. Furthermore, it also includes Atlassian Access, the identity and access management tool, that connects Atlassian products to third-party identity providers.
For customers with an enterprise license for over 5,000 users, this tool will only cost $11 per user. With "Atlassian Together", team progress is shared across products and adapted to daily work habits.
Contact us now if you are interested in implementing Atlassian Together in your company!
4. Last but not least: Atlas comes out of the beta phase!
Atlassian Atlas helps teams share the context and status of their projects with each other. According to Atlassian, we can expect a release that takes Atlas out of beta as early as next month. So stay tuned! Since the launch of the teamwork directory, early access customers have been able to enjoy several benefits:
- Free Atlas for Jira Cloud app - Link and sync Jira epics and Atlas projects
- More control over private projects - Regulate who can see and edit your project
- Flexible reporting - Easily produce roll-up reports with all familiar filters
- OKRs - Perfect for teams using goals. Goal scoring can be used to forecast how confident teams are in achieving their goals by the deadline
- Appreciate good work - Give credit where credit is due with quick reactions
The next Atlassian Presents will be held in London in on 8th December and will focus on ITSM. Stay tuned for our next blog post regarding "Atlassian Presents" to not miss any updates, news and innovations from Atlassian!
Do you want to get more information on the new presented features and products? Feel free to contact us:
Stay in the loop and don't miss the next update about Atlassian Presents!
If you want to work in IT but don't have developer knowledge, this training on the Atlassian ecosystem is for you! Hello, or as they would say in...