Atlassian announces the integration of a native knowledge base into Jira Service Management. The knowledge base is operated by Confluence and offers to view, create and edit e.g. tutorials, FAQs and support questions directly in Jira Service Management.
The beneficial aspect is that the user does not need to purchase an extra license for Confluence due to the integration and therefore there are no additional costs!
An additional Confluence license only needs to be purchased if the customer requirements go beyond the knowledge management functions.
Atlassian customers or project administrators can simply add Confluence manually to the site and set up the knowledge base.
- Customers do not need to make requests but can help themselves by accessing documents in the integrated knowledge base.
- Users can share knowledge within the tools in a simplified way across products
- Users can resolve queries faster because content can be shared or referenced directly.
- Agents are more motivated to share content and knowledge, which can be reused both internally and externally.
- Formulated and standardized answers to customer questions can be provided and potential misunderstandings due to different answers from different sources can be avoided.
When and for whom will the knowledge base be deployed in Jira Service Management Cloud?
Starting Feb. 22, 2022, both existing and all new JSM Cloud customers will have access to the knowledge base.
Existing Jira Service Management and Confluence customers will have access starting from now.
Starting Jan. 24, 2022, existing Jira Service Management customers without Confluence will have access with monthly billed sites.
Starting Feb. 10, 2022, existing Jira Service Management customers without Confluence will have access with sites billed annually.
If you have any questions or need more detailed information about the change, please don't hesitate to contact us and speak with one of our experts.